Grouping, West Point, Colonel Peter Grosz, Jr.
Scarce genuine WWII West Point Cadet's grouping, which belonged to Colonel Peter Grosz, Jr.
Peter Grosz, Jr was born on April 8, 1925 in Hoisington, Kansas. After some time at the University of Kansas, he attented the US Military Academy at West Point, New York in 1943 and graduated in 1946. He served in the US Army Corps of Engineers for 28 years and reached the rank of Colonel. He passed away on November 17, 2008 and rests at West Point.
This amazing grouping is made up of the following items:
- a cadet's blue-gray uniform jacket, complete with all buttons, in excellent condition; label dated 1943;
- a matching garrison cap, size 7, without any label;
- a pair of white trousers, buttons marked U.S.M.A. for 'United States Military Academy' (3 buttons missing); label dated 1944;
- a small cloth bag for personal belongings;
- a white belt;
- 3 pairs of white gloves;
- 2 black ties, one of them retaining the manufacturer's label: Wembley.
Most of these items feature the name or initials of their owner, Peter Grosz, Jr (see pictures).